2.
I'm going to miss waiting in line for hours at the Fox Theater in Westwood to see a movie during which I'm going to fall asleep anyways. Yes, we did the whole REVENGE OF THE SITH thing last week, and you all should be proud that I only fell asleep for about five minutes! (Versus sleeping through the entire finale of Episode II.) Actually the real fun is seeing all the freaks in line. Strangers fighting each other with big plastic glowing sticks, friends standing up in the middle of the theatre shouting "STAR WAAAAAAAARS," snickers and uncomfortable laughter during love scenes because of a) George Lucas' inexperience with love and b) a subconscious longing to be a Jedi Knight with a hot wife.
Mostly I'm going to miss my favorite Jedi Knights. The one who giggles and wears short shorts. The mysterious one who is a delight. The one who is too smart for his own good. The one who ran as himself in the marathon. The one who wears gay shirts and takes stories way too far. And others. By the time I come back, these boys will be unrecognizable, with their girlfriends or - dare i say it? - wives. I just hope that they will remember this old married woman and know that I will miss them!
1 comment:
we will miss you too. and how can you say you're old when we are all older than you? rub it in, why don't you!!
Post a Comment